Ezzard Charles vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (2nd meeting)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ezzard Charles 186 lbs beat Jersey Joe Walcott 194 lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Date: 1951-03-07
- Location: Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Clarence Rosen 80-70
- Judge: Jack Aspery 84-66
- Judge: Joe Lenahan 83-67
- Charles was a 5-1 favorite.
- A crowd of 13,853 paid $75,502.
- A left hook floored Walcott for a nine-count in the ninth round.
- Jack Cuddy of United Press scored the fight for Charles. He had it 8-5-2 in rounds.
- The crowd booed the decision, and Walcott complained he had been "robbed."
- This was Walcott's fourth failed attempt to win the title.