Name: Frank Warren
Hometown: Hertford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Birthplace: Islington, London, United Kingdom
- Frank John Warren is a prominent English boxing promoter.
- Warren's promotional company is Sports Network, which has promoted many important bouts in Great Britain and throughout the world.
- After the loss of the dispute with Joe Calzaghe, Sports Network Ltd was put into administration.
- In 2010 Warren founded the boxing promotion company Queensberry Promotions.
- In 2011 Warren launched the innovative direct to consumer TV model, BoxNation.
On 30 November 1989, Warren was shot outside the Broadway Theatre by an unknown hooded assailant. A .22 bullet from a Luger pistol missed his heart by an inch, and Warren lost half a lung and parts of his ribs. The former boxer, Terry Marsh, who had become Warren's first world champion two years earlier, was accused of the shooting but acquitted by a jury. No other arrest has been made.