Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 200+ amateur bouts.
- 2001 National Golden Gloves Gold medalist (70kg).
- 2003 National Golden Gloves Gold medalist (67kg).
- 2003 AIBA World Amateur Championships Bronze medalist in Bangkok, Thailand (67kg):
- 2004 Olympic Games participant in Athens, Greece (67kg):
- Lost to Xavier Noel 34:36 (Berto had failed to qualify for the United States team, but was able to fight for the Haitian team, as his parents were Haitian born.)
Regional & Minor Titles
- 7-2-0 (4 KO's) in world championship bouts.
- 7-4-0 (3 KO's) against former or current world champions.
- Berto started boxing when he was thirteen.
- On May 18, 2012, it was reported that Berto tested positive in both his A and B samples for norandrosterone; a detectable metabolite of nandrolone which is an anabolic steroid. With the results, his June 23rd rematch with Victor Ortiz, the only man to have beaten Berto to that point, was cancelled. Berto denied using the substance, despite having Victor Conte of the infamous Balco Company in his training camp. Conte received national attention in 2003 for supplying numerous professional athletes with illegal substances thought to be undetectable by drug tests. In August of 2012, Berto, despite the failed test, was licensed to fight in the state of California. 
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
| WBC Welterweight Champion
2008 Jun 21 – 2011 Apr 16
| IBF Welterweight Champion
2011 Sep 3 – 2011 Nov