Name: Angel Manfredy
Alias: Got Jesus / El Diablo
Hometown: Hobart, Indiana, USA
Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, USA
Pro Boxer: Record
Angel Manfredy was a popular late 1990s fighter. He lost two out of his first five fights, but then won an impressive 23 in a row. He beat former champions like Calvin Grove, and Jorge Paez, and top contenders such as Wilson Rodriguez, before landing his first major fight against Arturo Gatti, in the latter's hometown of Atlantic City. Manfredy was a big underdog but dominated the fight, knocking Gatti down in round three, and eventually stopping him on cuts in round eight.
Following this fight Manfredy fought some C-level opponents, before fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a major HBO television event. Manfredy was stopped in the second round after a barrage of punches. Some called the stoppage premature.
Following this fight Manfredy won a fight against Ivan Robinson in what had been HBO Boxing After Dark's highest-rated show of 1999. Manfredy then received another world title shot against Stevie Johnston in 1999, but was thoroughly outboxed. After this Manfredy has boxed some opponents here-and-there with little success. Paul Spadafora beat Manfredy in a close decision in early 2002. Since then, Manfredy lost to some prospects and retired in 2004.
- Finished career with a record of 0-4 (0 KO) in World Title fights.
- Finished career with a record of 6-4 (4 KO) against former or current world champions.
- Won against Kenny Mitchell, Calvin Grove, Jorge Paez, Arturo Gatti, Juan Polo-Perez, Julio Diaz.
- Lost against Floyd Mayweather Jr., Stevie Johnston, Diego Corrales, Paul Spadafora.
- Became a member of the Illinois Boxing Hall of Fame 2020.