Name: David Benavidez
Alias: El Bandera Roja Red Flag
Birth Name: Anthony David Benavidez
Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Birthplace: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Pro Boxer: Record
Trainer: Jose Benavidez Sr.
Promoter: Sampson Lewkowicz
- Amateur Record: 15-0-0.
- Benavidez had minimal amateur experience and there were two reasons for this. “My dad always trained me a professional style,” he explained. “Once you go into the amateurs, you pick up a lot of bad habits. You’re not really throwing your punches all the way. You kind of slap; that’s how we felt, so my my dad thought it would be a good idea to practice that pro style. Also, I was really heavy when I was younger - about 250 pounds, when I was 13, so it took me two years to lose the weight. That’s another reason why I didn’t really fight in the amateurs.” Benavidez didn’t fight in any tournaments but made up for that with sparring some of the best fighters in the world. 
Regional & Minor Titles
- Has defeated 2 opponents (1 by KO) for the world title.
- Has a record of 3-0-0 (1 KO's) in world title fights.
- Brother of Jose Benavidez.
- Benavidez became the youngest ever super middleweight world champion by defeating Ronald Gavril on September 8th, 2017.
- On September 17th, Benavidez tested positive for cocaine in a VADA test. 
| WBC Super Middleweight Champion
2017 Sept 9 – 2019 Feb 24
Declared Champion in Recess