Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In 1984 Benichou made it to the finals for the French National Bantamweight championship, but lost.
- Though born in Spain, Benichou's professional career was centered in France.
- In 1989 Benichou won
- the European (EBU) Bantamweight Title from Thierry Jacob for his first important professional title.
- But he only held it for three months losing to Vinceno Belcastro by TKO in the third rd in April of 1989.
- In 1987 Benichou was rated as the #4 bantamweight in the world.
- Won the IBF version of the World Super Bantamweight championship in 1989 but lost it the following year to Welcome Ncita.
- Won the European (EBU) Featherweight Championship from John Davidson in 1991 and held the title until 1992. Benichou successfully
- defended the EBU Title three times after winning it from Davidson. Finally lost the EBU Featherweight Title to Maurizio Stecca by SD
- in December 1992. Benichou later fought for the French national Featherweight Title but lost again by SD to Arlindo De Abreu in June '95.
- Benichou is of Spanish-Hebrew heritage. Benichou made a short-lived comeback in 2005 winning one fight, but retired immediately
- after losing the second fight by KO in June 2006.
- IMDB Benichou page
| IBF Super Bantamweight Champion
1989 Mar 10 – 1990 Mar 10