Joe Louis vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (2nd meeting)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Joe Louis 213 lbs beat Jersey Joe Walcott 195 lbs by KO in round 11 of 15
- Date: 1948-06-25
- Location: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York, USA
- Referee: Frank Fullam 5-2
- Judge: Jack O'Sullivan 4-5
- Judge: Harold Barnes 3-6
- World Heavyweight Championship (25th defense by Louis)
- Photo 1, Photo 2; Photo 3
- Weigh-in Photo
- June 1948 issue of Sportsfolio magazine
- See also: Joe Louis vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (1st meeting)
- Walcott floored Louis in the third round.
- Louis put Walcott down for the count in round eleven.
- A crowd of 42,667 at Yankee Stadium produced a gate of $841,739.
- Louis' purse was $250,000, and Walcott's was $125,000.
- Louis retired after the fight.