Lamon Brewster vs. Andrew Golota
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|As of November 2004|
|As of October 2004|
Lamon Brewster 224 lbs beat Andrew Golota 248 lbs by TKO at 0:52 in round 1 of 12
- Date: 2005-05-21
- Location: United Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Referee: Genaro Rodriguez
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Judge: Bill Lerch
- Judge: Tom Miller
- World Boxing Organization Heavyweight title (2nd defense by Brewster)
- Promoter: Don King (Don King Productions)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing
- Bout announced on December 23, 2004.
- In the rankings published by The Ring magazine on September, Golota was ranked No.6 heavyweight contender, while Brewster was ranked No.8. Vitali Klitschko was the magazine's heavyweight champion.
- Golota was knocked down three times in 53 seconds – all by left hooks.
- Fastest win in the history of world heavyweight title fights.
- Golota lost in a third title try in a row, and fourth title try overall.
Brewster vs. Meehan
| WBO Heavyweight Title Fight
Brewster vs. Krasniqi