Marvin Hagler vs. Mustafa Hamsho (2nd meeting)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Marvelous Marvin Hagler 159 lbs beat Mustafa Hamsho 159 lbs by TKO at 2:31 in round 3 of 15
- Date: 1984-10-19
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Arthur Mercante
- Judge: Harold Lederman 20-18
- Judge: Vincent Rainone 19-19
- Judge: Eva Shain 19-19
- WBA Middleweight Title (9th defense by Hagler)
- WBC Middleweight Title (9th defense by Hagler)
- IBF Middleweight Title (4th defense by Hagler)
- Hamsho was ranked #1 by the WBA and WBC.
- Hagler made $1.4 million, while Hamsho received $300,000.
- In the third round, Hamsho was knocked down for the first time in his nine-year professional career. Hamsho struggled to his feet at the count of six, but was wobbly. Hagler moved in for the kill and dropped Hamsho again with a right hook. Hamsho's trainer, Al Certo, then jumped into the ring to stop the fight.
- Fight Poster 2.
Hagler vs. Roldan
WBA Middleweight Title Fight
WBC Middleweight Title Fight
IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hagler vs. Hearns